How to Apply for HHQ Home Loans & Grants
Step 2: Gather the required supporting document listed on the application. Please make sure to include any and all applicable tax schedules filed along with your two most recent tax returns. The supporting documentation generally includes the following:
1. Copy of the recorded deed to your home.
2. Proof property taxes and water bill are current.
3. Proof of income for all members who reside in the household (i.e. 3 recent pay stubs; benefit letter for SSI, Social Security, pension, unemployment, disability, etc.).
4. Copy of federal tax returns from the last 2 years.
5. Bank Statements from the last 3 months.
6. Copy of declarations page of homeowner’s insurance stating current policy period, amount of coverage & listing of all mortgages against the property.
7. Copy of picture I.D. (i.e. driver’s license) for all applicants.
Step 3: Mail or drop off your completed loan application and supporting documentation. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Step 4: HHQ lending staff will review your application to make sure it is complete. Once all documentation has been received, your application will move on to underwriting where your program eligibility will be determined.
Step 5: You will receive a letter telling you whether your loan or grant has been approved. This process can take as little as 7 – 10 business days once our staff receives all of the required documentation.
Step 6: For some programs, you will solicit bids from several contractors to estimate the cost of your home improvement project. Our staff can provide help as-needed to guide you through this process.
Step 7: Once you have selected a contractor, your case manager will schedule a loan closing. There is a three day waiting period after the loan closing and then the project can begin.
Step 8: After the project is complete to your satisfaction, HHQ will pay the contractor and the project is complete.